- 3 cups of fresh blueberries
- 3 tbsp of sugar + 1/2 cup
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2/3 cup of all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp of baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup heavy cream (for topping)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp of confectioners' sugar
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In an 8-inch square-baking dish, mix blueberries, 3 tablespoons sugar, and milk. Set aside. In a small bowl, thoroughly mix flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, cream butter and 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Gradually add flour mixture, stirring just until ingredients are combined. Drop batter by rounded tablespoons over blueberry mixture. Try to cover as much of filling as possible.
Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbling.
- In a large bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks are just about to form. Beat in vanilla and sugar until peaks form. Make sure not to over-beat, cream will then become lumpy and butter-like.
- Serve cobbler with a dollop of cream on top.