- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 cups packed broccoli cut into small pieces
- 2 oz. dried cherries coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) halibut steaks
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- Grated lemon rind from ½ a lemon
- 1/2 bunch of chopped flat leaf parsley for garnish.
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring often, until just softened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add quinoa, 2 cups water, and salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in broccoli and cherries, cover and continue to cook until liquid is completely absorbed and quinoa is tender, about 3 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, brush halibut steaks with remaining 2 teaspoons oil and rub with Cajun (or other) seasoning to coat steaks evenly on all sides.
- Place on prepared baking sheet and bake until opaque throughout, about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle halibut with grated lemon rind and shopped parsley.
- Serve fish steaks with a side of pilaf.